The Spencer Foundation provides individual fellowships to doctoral students at the dissertation stage and to scholars engaged in postdoctoral work. Both programs support research related to education and are administered by the National Academy of Education (NAEd).
The Dissertation Fellowship Program seeks to encourage a new generation of scholars from a wide range of disciplines and professional fields to undertake research relevant to the improvement of education.
The basic selection criteria are:
Last updated August 2017
- Importance of the research question to education
- Quality of the research approach and feasibility of the work plan
- Applicant's future potential as a researcher and interest in educational research
- US Citizen
- US National or Permanent Resident
- Citizen of another country