The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is a publicly-funded independent organization of higher education institutions in Germany which aims to support study abroad in Germany. Highly qualified undergraduate and graduate students from the US and Canada are invited to apply for scholarships funding study, research, and/or internships in Germany for one semester to one year. Preference will be given to students whose projects or programs are based at and organized by a German university.
- Undergraduate Scholarships for 4-10 months of study, thesis research, or an internship for students in any academic field.
- Study Scholarships for graduating seniors to complete one academic year of study or a full graduate degree program in Germany.
- DAAD RISE for STEM undergraduates to carry out summer internships with German doctoral students at universities and research institutions - no German required!
- DAAD RISE Pro for graduate students and undergraduate DAAD RISE alumni to carry out summer internships with German companies.
- EMGIP-Bundestag for students who are fluent in German to intern at the German Parliament for one to three months.
- and more!
Visit the DAAD Scholarship Database
for a full list of scholarships.
Last updated: October 2017
Fields of Study:
- Arts and Creative Fields
- Business and Law
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Professional Opportunity
- US Citizen
- US National or Permanent Resident
- Citizen of another country