The Office of Faculty Affairs coordinates endeavors across the University community to retain, develop, promote and support faculty to help them achieve productive and satisfying careers as researchers, teachers, clinicians, and academic administrators. In support of these goals, we host a number of award programs throughout the academic year. All funds are provided through these award competitions. Funds are not awarded on an ad hoc basis. We invite you to explore the resources available here to learn more about the awards. Our goal is to support as many faculty as possible and continue to offer resources that improve teaching, learning, and scholarship.
Research, Scholarship and Creativity Awards | Provost Awards for Teaching, Scholarship, and Professional Service
As a means of supporting the ongoing development of our research, scholarship, and creative activities, as well as recognizing excellence in teaching, scholarship, and professional service, the Office of Research and the Office of Faculty Affairs jointly manage the Research, Scholarship and Creativity Awards, as well as the Provost Awards for Teaching, Scholarship, and Professional Service.
Below you will find brief listings of the individual awards with links to further details, including funding levels and eligibility criteria.
- Faculty Summer Research Award. This award provides tenured and tenure-track faculty members with the opportunity to pursue research activities that will enhance recipient careers as well as increase their contributions to Drexel.
- Provost Award for Outstanding Scholarly Productivity. This award recognizes tenured faculty members who have made outstanding contributions to their scholarly field and have demonstrated leadership in this respect. Additional eligibility criteria apply.
- Freddie Reisman Faculty Scholarly and Creative Activity Awards. These awards, open to all faculty members (preference given to tenured and tenure-track applicants), support scholarly and creative activities of faculty in fields and on projects where limited external funding is available.
- Faculty Bridge Funding Awards. These awards provide tenured and tenure-track faculty members with the opportunity to apply for gap funding for their research programs when all other sources of funding are exhausted.
- Scholarly Materials and Research Equipment Awards. These awards, open to all tenured and tenure-track faculty members, are for the acquisition of materials, equipment, software, systems, library collections or other non-personnel items that will enhance the research enterprise. Additional eligibility criteria apply.
- Adjunct Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence. This award recognizes an adjunct faculty member who exemplifies the highest quality of teaching and mentorship of students.
- Allen Rothwarf Award for Teaching Excellence. This award recognizes a tenure-track junior faculty member with at least two years of service who exemplifies and coordinates high standards of teaching while developing research in their areas of expertise.
- Barbara G. Hornum Award for Teaching Excellence. This award recognizes a teaching/clinical faculty member who exemplifies the highest quality of teaching, pedagogical innovation and rigor.
- Evidence-Based Teaching Award in Undergraduate Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Education (STEM). This award, open to all full-time tenure track or teaching faculty members, recognizes the use of pedagogical strategies that have been shown in the literature to be effective, or the development of innovative approaches being evaluating in the applicant’s own classrooms.
- Harold Myers Award for Distinguished Service. This award recognizes an administrator, member of the professional staff, or full-time or part-time faculty member who has engaged in service work that has been recognized to be truly significant to the University.
- Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching. This award recognizes outstanding teaching by full-time members of the Drexel University faculty. Additional eligibility criteria apply.
- The University Award for Pedagogy and Assessment. The Pedagogy and Assessment Award recognizes an individual or team who has worked to promote the use of assessment for quality improvement at Drexel University.
- Outstanding New Advisor Award. The Outstanding New Advisor award recognizes the extraordinary contributions of advisors who guide student progress through their academic paths across the University. This annual award is awarded to a Drexel University professional staff member whose primary role is to serve as an academic advisor.
- Outstanding Professional Advisor Award. The Outstanding Professional Advisor award recognizes the extraordinary contributions of advisors who guide student progress through their academic paths across the University. This annual award is awarded to a Drexel University professional staff member whose primary role is to serve as an academic advisor.
Questions regarding any of these awards should be directed to email@example.com.