All laboratory entrance doors must be labeled as follows:
- NFPA diamond. Laboratory personnel shall fill in the diamond with the highest hazard number pertaining to their laboratory.
- Biohazard label and appropriate Biosafety Level (if applicable).
- UV Light label (if applicable).
- Radiation Hazard Label (if applicable).
- Emergency contact information. The information must include a name and number to contact in the event of an emergency. It must be clearly visible and placed on each outer laboratory door
Additional warning labels as applicable, i.e. “carcinogen in use”, “water reactive materials”, “inhalation hazard, respiratory protection required in this area”, “high noise, hearing protection required in this area”, etc.