Dr. Divya Bhargava is an Assistant Teaching Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics at Drexel University. She joined the department in 2021. Her doctoral work at Purdue University was on investigating the effects of different reporting formats on controller-generated runway incursion incident reports. Through her doctoral work, Dr. Bhargava has gained expertise in accident and incident investigation, accident modeling, runway safety, human factors, qualitative analysis methods, and user interface design. Dr. Bhargava also has a Private Pilot License with over 125 hours of flying experience in a single-engine land aircraft.
Degrees / Education
- PhD, Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, Purdue University, 2021
- MSAAE, Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, Purdue University, 2017
- B. Tech, Aerospace Engineering, SRM University, 2014
Systems Engineering, Accident Modeling, Aviation Safety, User-interface Design
- Divya Bhargava and Karen Marais, ‘Narrative Analysis of Runway Incursion Reports in the National Transportation Safety Board Database to Identify Contributing Human Errors and its Causes’, 64th International Annual Meeting, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, 2020 (Accepted).
- Divya Bhargava and Karen Marais, ‘Understanding Current Ways of Reporting Runway Incursion Incidents at Towered Airports’, 20th International Symposium on Aviation Psychology, 2019.
- Divya Bhargava and Karen Marais, ‘Archetypal Models of Runway Incursions’, AIAA AVIATION 17th Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations Conference, AIAA Paper 2017-4392, Denver, Colorado, June 2017.