For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Frequently Asked Questions

I want to drive in the United States. Can I use my international driver's license?

Yes. As an international visitor, you can drive in the United States with an international driver’s license for up to 1 full year. If your international driver’s license is not in English, you also need a valid International Driving permit in addition to your international license. This must be obtained in your home country.

Can I get a Pennsylvania driver's license?

You can try. But, typically, non-immigrants are required to show one year or more on their I-20 to apply for a PA driver’s license or PA ID card. We recommend ELC students to obtain an International Drivers License in English before departing their home country.

When can I get my Drexel University student id card?

Student identification cards will be generated and issued  in the Dragon Card Office during Orientation.

I plan to take the train to school everyday. Can I get a student discount?

Yes. Fulltime students can access the SEPTA ComPass Discount website for a 10% discount on all monthly Trans/Trail passes. To access the website go to the Drexel One portal, log in with your User-ID and password, then click on your student tab. Under the student tab there will be a link to the Drexel SEPTA Student ComPass Program website. You can then order your pass online. More information is available on the SEPTA website. 

What is the weather like in Philadelphia?

Philadelphia enjoys all four seasons. Spring and Fall have warm days and cool nights with some rain. Winters can be cold, with one or two major snowstorms. Philadelphia summers can be hazy, hot and humid.