Drexel Graduate Preparation
The Drexel Graduate Preparation program prepares academically qualified students for the challenges of reading, writing, speaking, and listening in the American graduate environment. This program, offered in the Summer term, consists of advanced coursework in academic reading, writing, listening and speaking, as well as graduate academic skills. Upon successful completion of the program, students may matriculate into their graduate program in the Fall term.
Admission to Drexel Graduate Preparation is by direct application to Drexel University Graduate Admissions only. Master's degree graduate students who qualify academically and need to improve their English language proficiency may be offered conditional admission to study in the Graduate Preparation program.
- Submit all official application documents to Drexel Graduate Admissions.
- Meet the qualification requirements for your preferred Drexel graduate program. For more information, see Drexel Graduate Programs.
- The minimum required TOEFL or IELTS scores for Graduate Preparation eligibility are determined by the graduate departments.
- Graduate Preparation-eligible candidates will be contacted by the Graduate Preparation program for an oral proficiency interview.
- A final admissions decision will be rendered by Drexel Graduate Admissions.
Students interested in Graduate Preparation are encouraged to submit their documents to Drexel Graduate Admissions as early as possible to allow for the appropriate review.