You will work closely with your academic advisor to help you achieve the goals you set for your career at Drexel and beyond. To meet your goals, your relationship with your advisor will center on three primary outcomes.
Your academic advisor will work closely with you to help you achieve the goals you set for your career at Drexel and beyond. These could include
- Staying organized — Managing course deadlines, and learning expectations.
- Improving self-direction — Making responsibility for your own learning.
- Remaining future-focused — seeking out and embracing challenge and understanding the importance of your own effort to achieve desired results.
- Fostering resiliency — Quickly recovering, and learning from setbacks.
- Growing your self-advocacy — Able to seek help proactively from peers, teaching assistants, faculty, and other University resources.
With dozens of majors, hundreds of minors, and tons of co-curricular opportunities, your advisor will help you figure out which opportunities are best for you and how to fit them into your undergraduate career. Opportunities include:
- Undergraduate Minors – Drexel offers a plethora of minors to support and expand your educational experience and better meet your goals.
- International Opportunities – Students at Drexel have a wide array of options to experience life abroad; your advisor will be crucial in helping you participate.
- Steinbright Career Development Center – Steinbright not only works with you as you participate in the co-op experience, but also provides support for career development and co-op placement. It's never too early to start planning for life after college.
You can view listings and availability for undergraduate advisors below. You can also find your advisor via DrexelOne.
If you are enrolled in a curriculum that includes one or more cooperative education experiences, or co-ops, you will be assigned a coordinator from the Steinbright Career Development Center. Your co-op coordinator will work directly with you during the preparation, search, interview, selection, and evaluation process of co-op.
Full-time undergraduate students can now easily schedule an appointment with their advisor and see upcoming advisor meetings 24/7 via DrexelOne.