How to Apply
Click Here to Download the Dornsife Scholar Application
Ready to apply? Here’s how in 4 simple steps.
Review all background information about the Dornsife Global Development Scholars program. Be sure to review the diversity of work and field experiences that past Dornsife Global Development Scholars have had (from 2014-present), in rural parts of sub-Saharan Africa.
Complete the Dornsife Global Development Scholars application by providing a response to all fields. On the application, be sure to select the theme/program areas that you are interested in (check all that apply). Save the file type as a PDF with the following title: “FirstnameLastname_DGDSapp” (e.g. IdrisRobinson_DGDSapp.pdf).
Prepare the remaining supplemental application materials:
- Statement of Purpose: One-page statement of interest that describes (1)unique contributions you can make to World Vision given your skills and interests, (2) prior experiences working in diverse communities, and (3) specific ways working with World Vision WASH and global health initiatives relate to your future career goals. Save the file type as a PDF with the following title: “FirstnameLastname_SOP” (e.g. IdrisRobinson _SOP.pdf).
- Transcripts:Unofficial transcripts from current or most recent institution, or Fall 2017 term grades. Save the file type as a PDF with the following title: “FirstnameLastname_Trans” (e.g. IdrisRobinson _Trans.pdf).
- Resume/Curriculum vitae (CV): CVs should be a maximum of 2 pages. Save the file type as a PDF with the following title: “FirstnameLastname_CV” (e.g. IdrisRobinson _CV.pdf).
Applications are due by November 10, 2017. It is your responsibility to ensure that your submission contains a complete application and all of the necessary components. Although applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, priority will be given to applications received on or before November 10, 2017. Completed applications can be submitted by email, fax, mail, or dropped off to Idris Robinson using the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail/Drop off: 3215 Market Street, Nesbitt Hall Room 732, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
Note: This is a competitive program; completing the Dornsife Global Development Scholars application process does not guarantee a co-op or international experience placement. Additionally, in order to meet university requirements for co-op credit, an international experience, practicum, thesis or other academic requirements (if applicable), students must also abide by the application and registration requirements of Steinbright Career Development Center (for co-op), the Study Abroad international experience process, and seek approval from your advisor/department, college/school (if seeking credit in partial fulfillment of other academic requirements, such as practicum, thesis/dissertation research, etc.).
For more information, please contact Idris Robinson at email@example.com.