How to Apply
Download the Application for the 2020 Cohort Here.
Ready to apply? Here’s how in 4 simple steps.
Review all background information about the Dornsife Global Development Scholars program. Be sure to review the diversity of work and field experiences past Dornsife Global Development Scholars have had (from 2014-present), in rural parts of sub-Saharan Africa.
Complete the Dornsife Global Development Scholars application by providing a response to all fields. On the application, be sure to select your preferential cross-cutting areas in WASH
(check all that apply). Save the file type as a PDF with the following title: “FirstnameLastname_DGDSapp” (e.g. IdrisRobinson_DGDSapp.pdf).
Prepare the remaining supplemental application materials:
- Statement of Purpose: Two-page statement of interest that describes (1) unique contributions you can make to World Vision efforts to meet their strategic goals and UN SDGs by 2030 given your current skills and experiences, (2) prior experiences working in diverse communities, and (3) specific ways working with World Vision WASH Learning Centers relate to your career goals. Save the file type as a PDF with the following title: “FirstnameLastname_SOP” (e.g. IdrisRobinson _SOP.pdf).
- Transcripts: Unofficial Drexel transcript or Fall 2019 term grades for all first year, M1, freshman, etc. Save the file type as a PDF with the following title: “FirstnameLastname_Trans” (e.g. IdrisRobinson _Trans.pdf).
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV): CVs should be a maximum of 2 pages. Save the file type as a PDF with the following title: “FirstnameLastname_CV” (e.g. IdrisRobinson _CV.pdf).
Applications are due by December 1, 2019. It is your responsibility to ensure that your submission contains a complete application and all of the necessary components. Although applications will be accepted until the deadline, priority will be given to applications received on or before November 9, 2019. Completed applications can be submitted by email, fax, mail, or dropped off to Idris Robinson using the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail/Drop off: 101 N. 33rd Street, Academic Building 306c, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
Note: This is a very competitive program. Completing the Dornsife Global Development Scholars application process does not guarantee placement. Additionally, in order to meet university requirements for co-op credit, an international experience, practicum, thesis or other academic requirements (if applicable), students must also abide by the application and registration requirements of Steinbright Career Development Center (for co-op), the Education Abroad international experience process, and seek approval from your advisor/department, college/school (if seeking credit in partial fulfillment of other academic requirements, such as practicum, thesis/dissertation research, etc.).
For more information, please contact Idris Robinson at email@example.com.