Journal Entry Workflow Training
June 20, 2016
Beginning the week of June 27, 2016, the Journal Entry Workflow will be expanded to include non-budget, non-research journal entries. The tool can be used for journal entries relating to FY2016 or FY2017. FY 2016 journal entries need to have a 6/30/2016 transaction date. FY2017 journal entries must use a transaction date of July 1, 2016, or later. The workflow will default to the current date. We encourage you to use this tool to submit transaction corrections, clear deficits and fund cost share funds.
Although, we highly recommend that you attend training before using the new tool, it is not required. Anyone who can log-in to the Drexel One portal can log-in to submit a journal entry. There is a short tutorial available in the "Tools" menu of the Journal Entry Workflow application. To log-in and submit non-budget journal, click on the link in this email or go to the Comptroller’s Office Home Page and the link is posted in the “Quick Links” section.
Hands-on training for the Journal Entry Workflow is being offered in June and July at both the Center City and University City campuses. You can register for training through Career Pathway, which is located on the Employee tab in the Drexel One portal. When searching in Career Pathway, click on the “Learning” menu and then “Browse for Training”. The training is listed with the title, “Journal Entry Workflow Training – Research and Non-Research Journals”. Seating is limited so, please register early. Additional sessions will be offered in the future and we recommend you check the listings in Career Pathway for the most up-to-date schedule. Below is a list of the remaining scheduled training dates for this application:
- Friday, June 24, 2016, 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – University City, Gerri C. LeBow Hall, Room 206
- Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Center City, New College Building, Room 4206
- Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – University City, Gerri C. LeBow Hall, Room 206
- Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Center City, New College Building, Room 4206
- Friday, July 22, 2016, 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – University City, Gerri C. LeBow Hall, Room 206
- Tuesday, July 28, 2016, 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Center City, New College Building, Room 4206
In the fall, the Comptroller’s Office will be phasing in the ability to submit service center and all types of budget journals using the new workflow tool.
The Finance Competency Center welcomes your feedback as you work with the new tool. Any questions or comments on its usage can be directed to email@example.com.