For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Reporting Allegations

The University's Reporting Allegations Policy states that the University community should report any emergency situation or immediate and serious misconduct or criminal activity directly to law enforcement authorities. Thus, if any member of the Drexel community is aware of, or personally observes, any incident or activity that constitutes, or that they believe may constitute, an emergency threat to life and safety, or criminal conduct, including without limitation sexual assault, child abuse or child pornography or other similar misconduct (whether on or off campus), please report the situation or activity immediately to the Drexel Police Department (215.895.2222) or the Philadelphia Police Department (911).

The Reporting Allegations Policy confirms that the Compliance Hotline is to be used to report serious misconduct and violations of University policy. While the University encourages the good faith reporting of complaints to the hotline, it diminishes the University's ability to respond to those serious, urgent complaints if the hotline is flooded with matters such as routine employment disputes and workplace grievances or other such matters that are regularly handled by another University department with the appropriate resources and expertise in those kinds of matters (for example, Human Resources or the Office of Equality and Diversity).

Any person may report allegations of suspected improper conduct. Reports should focus on facts and avoid speculations and drawing conclusions. Including as much specific information as possible will facilitate the evaluation of the nature, extent and urgency of preliminary investigative procedures.

Unless otherwise specified in this policy, faculty and professional staff members of the University (including its subsidiaries and affiliates) should report allegations of improper conduct to the employee's immediate supervisor or other appropriate administrator or supervisor within the operating unit or to the Chief Compliance Officer. Employees may also make reports to the President; General Counsel; Senior Vice President for Student Life and Administrative Services; Provost; Senior Vice Provost, Office of Research and Administration; Director, Internal Audit; and Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer.

The University recommends that persons who are not employees of the University make reports to the Chief Compliance Officer. Such reports may be made to another University official whom the reporting person may reasonably expect to have either responsibility over the affected area or the authority to review the alleged Improper Conduct on behalf of the University.

Anonymous reports may be made, but they must include sufficient corroborating evidence to justify initiating an investigation.

Please take a few minutes to review the Reporting Allegations Policy to familiarize yourself with its provisions. We must use our best efforts to make the University the best place it can be. If you are aware of any conduct - act or omission - that you think violates University policies, rules or regulations, please report it.