Drexel #CoASPicOfTheYears Contest
March 29, 2016
College is a series of moments and experiences — final exams conquered, co-ops mastered, destinations traveled, friendships made. As the academic year comes to a close, we’re kicking off a new photo challenge and inviting you to share your favorite College moments in our CoASPicOfTheYears Contest.
Whether that means experiencing new places, making a name for yourself on co-op, or discovering your true path through research, we want to see your proudest/happiest/most exhilarating Drexel CoAS memories. With four ways to play, it’s easy to participate — and win prizes. We’re giving away gift cards, bragging rights and even a spread in the College magazine. And the best part? You don’t have to wait ’til Thursday to share your favorite throwbacks.
FOUR WAYS TO PLAY:
1. & 2. Instagram & Twitter*: Follow us @drexel_coas and include #CoASPicOfTheYears and @drexelcoas in your post/tweet.
3. Facebook: Follow us @drexelcoas and post your photo to our page using the #CoASPicOfTheYears hashtag.
4. Email: Email your submission to email@example.com with the subject line “#CoASPicOfTheYears.” Please include your name, major and graduation year.
*Note: If your account is private, you’ll need to allow us to follow you back so we can see your photo submissions.
You’ll have from March 30, 2016 until May 27, 2016 to tag/submit your photos. Once the contest period is over, we’ll post the 50 best submissions — chosen at our discretion based on originality and creativity — to the College of Arts and Sciences&rsquo Facebook page. The person whose photo receives the most “likes” by June 8 will win a $250 VISA gift card! We’ll also be awarding gift cards to the 2nd and 3rd place winners. AND, for an added bonus: Our favorite photos will be featured in a spread in the College’s 2016 Ask magazine! Read on for more details.
- First Place: $250 VISA gift card for the contest participant whose photo receives the most “likes” on Facebook at the end of the voting period.
- Second Place: $50 VISA gift card
- Third Place: $25 VISA gift card
In case of tie for the top 3 photos, the voting deadline for the tied photos only will be extended until 11:59 p.m. EST on June 9. If the tie is not broken during the extended contest period, the College will select the 3 winners from the tied photos. Winners will be announced by June 10.
Spread in Ask Magazine: The most original and creative submissions will be featured in the 2016 issue of Ask Magazine!
OFFICIAL CONTEST PERIOD:
The Instagram photo submission period will run from 9:00AM EST on March 30, 2016 until 11:59 p.m. EST on May 27, 2016. The judging period for the College to select the top 50 photos for the Facebook portion of the contest will run from 9:00 a.m. EST on May 30 until 5:00 p.m. EST on June 3. The Facebook voting period will run from 9:00 a.m. EST on June 6 and will end at 11:59 p.m. EST on June 8.
THE FINE PRINT:
- The #CoASPicOfTheYears contest is open to Drexel University College of Arts and Sciences students, faculty and staff only.
- While faculty and staff are welcome to participate, they are not eligible for prizes.
- Participation in the Facebook voting period is open to Drexel University students, faculty, staff, alums, family and friends worldwide.
- Inappropriate or offensive photos will be flagged and disqualified at the College’s discretion. Unsuitable content includes but is not limited to: the promotion of drugs, alcohol or tobacco products; sexually suggestive or explicit images; copyrighted materials not owned by the Instagram account holder; and/or any photos that are offensive, obscene or derogatory in nature.
Q: Do I have to be in my photo?
A: No, being in the photo is not required. We encourage you to take photos of special memory, no matter if you’re the subject or the photographer!
Q: Is there a limit to the number of photos I can submit?
A: You can submit as many photos as you’d like until the contest submission period ends on May 27!
Q: Can I tag photos I’ve previously shared on social media and submit them to the contest?
A: Yes, as long as you tag them before May 27.
Q: How will you get my contact information if I’m chosen as one the top 50 photos, or for the spread in Ask magazine?
A: If your photo was submitted through Facebook, we will be able to see your name in your post. For Instagram and Twitter, we will send you a direct message. If you emailed us, please include your name, major and graduation year.