Telling the Story of Writing
Name: Karen Nulton, PhD | email@example.com
Department: English & Philosophy
Drexel has many areas of writing expertise and many compelling projects and programs that involve writing. From CBL courses about telling the stories of vets, to the Writers' Room community engagement projects, to courses running in Haiti, to the new MFA in creative writing, students and faculty are using writing to heal old wounds, make new partners, and teach in new ways. But those stories have not been told adequately. We would like a student to work with us on researching how other universities and non-profits market their wonderful stories and to help to create short recorded vignettes that will tell the story of writing at Drexel.
- Research skills
- Interview Skills
- Marketing skills
The outcome of the project is publishing online interviews and short vignettes about writing on the Department of English and Philosophy's website.
- Researching how other universities market/tell the story of writing to prospective students
- Interviewing Drexel Faculty involved in writing to understand their projects and the programs and courses available to students
- Suggesting an overall "story of writing" at Drexel for review and revising with consultation
- Identifying faculty and students with compelling stories and getting their permission to interview
- Scheduling recording time with Drexel recording staff
The research work can take place off campus; interviews with writing faculty will take place on campus or online via Skype; the recordings will take place on Drexel campus.
Possibility to Work Post Fellowship
Yes, though the chances are small.