Arun Kumar Soma
Research Assistant Professor
Department of Physics
- PhD, Physics, Banaras Hindu University, 2013
- MS, Physics, Banaras Hindu University, 2006
- BS, Electronics, Nizam College, Osmania University, 2003
Research Interests:Neutrino Physics, Dark Matter Physics, Radiation Detectors
Professor Arun Kumar Soma's research interests are nuclear and particle physics. He has worked in the field for over a decade, as a graduate and postdoctoral fellow on the TEXONO and CDEX experiments and further as a postdoctoral researcher on the EXO-200 and nEXO experiments. He joined the Department of Physics at Drexel University in 2019 and continues to pursue experimental neutrino physics. He has established an association with Brookhaven National Laboratory for characterizing devices called SiPMs towards addressing the challenges imposed by the nEXO photon detection system.
- M. Wagenpfeil, A. K. Soma, (nEXO Collaboration), Reflectivity of VUV-sensitive Silicon Photomultipliers in Liquid Xenon, arXiv:2104.07997 (2021, accepted for publication in JINST).
- P. Nakarmi, I. Ostrovskiy, A. K. Soma, F. Retière et al., (nEXO Collaboration), Reflectivity and PDE of VUV4 Hamamatsu SiPMs in Liquid Xenon, JINST 15 (01), P01019 (2020).
- S. Al Kharusi, A. K. Soma et al., (EXO Collaboration), Measurement of the Spectral Shape of the β-Decay of 137Xe to the Ground State of 137Cs in EXO-200 and Comparison with Theory'', Phys. Rev. Lett. 124, 232502 (2020).
- G. Anton, A. K. Soma et al., (EXO Collaboration), Search for Neutrinoless Double-Beta Decay with the Complete EXO-200 Dataset, Phys. Rev. Lett. 123, 161802 (2019).
- J. Liu, M. Yamashita, A. K. Soma, Light yield of an undoped CsI crystal coupled directly to a photomultiplier tube at 77~Kelvin, JINST 11 (10), P10003 (2016).
- A. K. Soma et al., TEXONO Collaboration, "Characterization and performance of germanium detectors with sub-keV sensitivities for neutrino and dark matter experiments'', NIM A 836, 67 (2016).
- Q. Yue, A. K. Soma et al., CDEX Collaboration, Limits on light weakly interacting massive particles from the CDEX-1 experiment with a p-type point-contact germanium detector at the China Jinping Underground Laboratory, Phys. Rev. D 90, 091701(R), (2014).
- H. B. Li, A. K. Soma et al., TEXONO Collaboration, Limits on spin-independent couplings of WIMP dark matter with a p-type point-contact germanium detector, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 261301 (2013).