Maria de la luz Matus-Mendoza, PhD
Associate Professor of Spanish
Contact for Spanish Study Abroad Course Approvals
Department of Global Studies and Modern Languages
- PhD, Spanish, Temple University, 1999
- Spanish Linguistic Variation in the U.S.
- The relationship between language variation and mobility (social and geographical) among the Mexican communities in Mexico and in the United States
- Second Language Acquisition
- Language Variation in media
- Road to Kenny: Migration and Affricate /č/. Southwest Journal of Linguisitcs. 2008, vol. 27 Issue 2, p 65-78, 2007.
- Affricate /č/ in an Immigrant Community. PAMAPLA 28 / ACALPA 28. Papers from the Twenty-Eight Annual Meeting of the Atlantic Provinces Linguistic Association. Université de Moncton, Nouveau-Brunswick, Canada, 2007.
- Linguistic Variation in Mexican Spanish as Spoken in Two Communities-Moroleón, Mexico and Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. (2002). New York: Mellen Press, 2002.