Jamie Ludwig, PhD
Assistant Teaching Professor
Department of Chemistry
- PhD, Organic Chemistry, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- BA, Chemistry, Illinois Wesleyan University
Research Interests:We are interested in the discovery and optimization of biocatalytic transformations for use inorganic synthesis. We utilize a library of marine derived bacteria that are prolific natural productproducers. By using substrates that are labeled with NMR active isotopes (13C, 19F), we cantrack transformations and identify synthetically useful transformations.
Postdoctoral Research Assistant, UNC, Chapel Hill 2013-2014
Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Elon University 2014-2015
Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, Rider University 2015-2020
Assistant Teaching Professor, Department of Chemistry, Drexel 2021-present
- Nguyen Y., Nguyen N. X., Rogers J. L., Liao J, MacMillan JB, Jiang Y, Sperandio V. 2015. mBio 2015, 6. “Structural and mechanistic roles of novel chemical ligands on the SdiA quorumsensing
- Rogers, J. L., Bayeh, L., Scheuermann, T., Longgood, J., Caldwell, C., Key, J., Naidoo, J.,
Melito, L, Shokri, C., Frantz, D., Bruick, R., Gardner, K., MacMillan, J., Tambar, U., J. Med.
Chem. 2013, 56, 1739. “Development of inhibitors of the PAS-B domain of the HIF-2α
- Rogers, J. L., MacMillan, J. B., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 12378. “A labeled substrate
approach to discovery of biocatalytic reactions: A proof of concept transformation with Nmethylindole.”
- Rogers, J.L., Ernat, J.E., Yung, H., Mohan, R.S. Catalysis Communications, 2009, 10, 625.
“Environmentally friendly organic synthesis using bismuth compounds. Bismuth (III) bromide
catalyzed synthesis of substituted tetrahydroquinoline derivatives.”
- Christensen, J.E., Huddle, M.G., Rogers, J.L, Yung, H., Mohan, R.S., J. Chem. Ed, 2008, 85,
1274. “The discovery–oriented approach to organic chemistry. 7. Rearrangement of transstilbene
oxide with bismuth trifluoromethanesulfonate and other metal triflates. A microscale
green organic chemistry laboratory experiment.”