Stefanie A. Kroll, PhD
Assistant Research Professor, Department of Biodiversity, Earth & Environmental Science
Watershed Ecology Section Lead, Patrick Center of Environmental Research, ANS
Department of Biodiversity, Earth and Environmental Science
- PhD, Ecology, State University of New York, College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF), Syracuse, New York, 2012
- Master’s equivalent, Ecology, Department of Agronomic Engineering, University of Castilla-La Mancha (UCLM), Albacete, Spain, 2009
- BS, Environmental and Forest Biology, SUNY-ESF, 2001
Watershed and stream ecology, aquatic macroinvertebrate ecology and as bioindicators, restoration ecology, human stressors on aquatic ecosystems, climate change
Stefanie Kroll is the project science director of the Delaware River Watershed Initiative, a collaboration between over 50 nonprofit groups working in watershed conservation. She has a PhD in ecology from SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in Syracuse, NY. She obtained a master’s-equivalent at the University of Castilla-La Mancha in Albacete, Spain, after working in interpretation and translation, and teaching English for several years. Her focus on aquatic ecosystems is not surprising given that she grew up spending summers fishing and canoeing in the lakes and streams of New York State and surrounding areas. She volunteers with the Raritan Headwaters Association and the Tookany-Tacony-Frankford Watershed Partnership. She also works with Academy of Natural Sciences' Women In Natural Sciences program. Previous work includes forest inventory, program support for a nonprofit environmental organization, community assessment of Onondaga Lake and stream surveys throughout Spain. More information is available on her current work at ansp.org/drwi.
- Kroll, S.A., E.E. Morris, S.J. Long, A.E. Hajek, 2013. Parasitism of Sirex noctilio by non-sterilizing Deladenus siricidicola in northeastern North America. Biological Control 67: 203-211.
- Kroll, S.A., N.H. Ringler, J. De las Heras, J.J. Gómez-Alday, A. Moratalla, R.D. Briggs, 2012. Changes in stream water quality and macroinvertebrate communities in response to flow regulation and inter-basin transfer: The Segura River Basin (SE Spain), Ecohydrology 6(5): 878-888.
- Kroll, S.A., C. Navarro, M.C. Cano, J. De las Heras, 2009. The influence of land use on stream water quality and macroinvertebrate biotic indices in rivers within Castilla-La Mancha (Spain). Limnetica 28(2): 203-214.