The relation of weight suppression and food restriction to eating disorder psychopathology. The role of hedonic hunger in obesity and eating disorders. Obesity and the prevention of weight gain and weight regain. The impact of weight variability on health and future weight gain. Integrating biological and psychological influences on eating and weight regulation.
My research involves studying eating and weight regulation - and eating and weight disorders - from the perspective of clinical psychology, nutritional science, psychobiology, and neuroscience. The following describes five general areas in which my research group has been exploring these domains
- The relationship between dieting, overeating, and weight control
- Obesity and the prevention of weight gain and weight regain
- Eating disorders research
- Integrating biological and psychological perspectives on eating and weight regulation
- Research on the "power of food"