I had worked all the way up from a BS into a PhD in geology before becoming more interested in the history of science and technology than in doing science. I then switched to an interdisciplinary PhD program on science and technology at Virginia Tech. I have taught at Drexel since 2007. My teaching has evolved over time from a focus on American history and the history of technology to, increasingly, military history. While my research has focused on the history of American engineering, even that research had a military focus (a history of the Virginia Military Institute as an early school for engineering).
- HIST 201: US History to 1815
- HIST 202: US History from 1815 to 1900
- HIST 230: US Military History I (before 1900)
- HIST 231: US Military History II (since 1900)
- HIST 331: The American Revolution
- HIST 338: The Vietnam War