Jason Cross, PhD
Assistant Teaching Professor
Department of Chemistry
- Vanderbilt University, Post-doctoral fellow, 2005
- University of Pittsburgh, Post-doctoral fellow, 2002-2004
- University of Surrey (UK), PhD in Chemistry, 2002
- Brunel University (UK), BSc (Hons) Medicinal and Environmental Chemistry, 1998
- Luminescent lanthanide complexes
Jason Cross earned his BSc (Hons.) from Brunel University in West London (UK) in 1998 and a PhD under the supervision of Peter G Sammes at the University of Surrey (UK) in 2002. After post-doctoral experiences at the University of Pittsburgh and Vanderbilt University, he moved to the greater Philadelphia area and has taught at Temple University and Delaware Valley College prior to joining the faculty at Drexel. He is actively involved in STEM initiatives and serves on the Board of Directors of the Philadelphia section of the American Chemical Society.
- “Density-Functional Theory Structures of 1,4,7,10-Tetraazacyclododecane- 1,4,7,10-Tetraacetic Acid Complexes for Ions across the Lanthanide Series.” Lidia S Smentek, B Andes, Jr Hess, Jason P Cross, H. Charles Manning and Darryl J Bornhop., J. Chem. Phys.,2005, 123, 244302/1-244302/9. 3.
- “Polymetallic Lanthanide Complexes with PAMAM-Naphthalimide Dendritic Ligands: Luminescent Lanthanide Complexes Formed in Solution.” Jason P Cross, Miriam Lauz, Paul D Badger, and Stéphane Petoud, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2004, 126, 16278-16279. 4.
- “Fluorescence Detection of Surface-Bound Intermediates Produced from UV Photoreactivity of Alkylsiloxane SAMs.” Eric A McArthur, Tao Ye, Jason P Cross, Stéphane Petoud, and Eric Borguet, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2004, 126, 2260-2261. 5.
- “Shiny Labels for Surface Molecules-Fluorescent Methods Detect Tagged Species with Much Improved Sensitivity” by Mitch Jacoby in Chemical and Engineering News, 2004, 82, 9. 6.
- “Studies on Some Mixed Pyrido-Phenol Donor Ligands as Sensitizers for Terbium (III).” Jason P Cross and Peter G Sammes, J. Lumin., 2004, 110, 101-111. 7.
- “The Sensitivity of the Lehn-Cryptand Europium and Terbium (III) Complexes to Anions Compared to Coordinatively Saturated Systems.” Jason P Cross, Anjum Dadabhoy, and Peter G Sammes, J. Lumin., 2004, 110, 113-124. 8.
- “A Useful 8-Hydroxyquinoline Synthon.” Jason P Cross and Peter G Sammes, J. Chem. Res., 2003, 11, 704-705.
- Recipient of the 2013 Philadelphia section ACS award for Excellence in Undergraduate teaching in Chemical Sciences.