Master of Science in Psychology Application Instructions
We are now accepting applications. Apply online at admissions.drexel.edu/apply. The priority application deadline is March 1, 2021* with rolling admissions until June 1, 2021. Before applying, please view the list of faculty members accepting students for the 2021-2022 academic year.
*Priority Deadline: Submitting application by the priority deadline of March 1, 2021 ensures that your application will be reviewed prior to our interview day, which is currently planned for April 2021. Applications received after the priority deadline will be reviewed on a rolling basis with final application deadline of June 1, 2021.
Required Materials Checklist
Online Application, which includes:
- Essay - Write an essay that addresses the following two objectives – please be sure to cover all questions listed inside each objective: (1) The specific research area and questions you would like to pursue in graduate school. Why are these questions important and why are they of interest to you? How does this line of research fit with specific faculty members' or research groups' work at Drexel? What skills and experiences of yours will facilitate your graduate work? (2) Tell us how our program will specifically lead to the next step in your career. *Your essay cannot exceed 9,000 characters (approximately 1,500 words).
- Essay - Our program values diversity. Please tell us how you might contribute to the diversity of our program as well as any relevant multicultural experiences. Please limit response to 200 words or less.
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Three letters of recommendation – You must provide contact information for all three of your evaluators on the Application Form. Your evaluators will then be notified of your application and given instructions on how to submit your letter of recommendation electronically. You will be limited to three evaluators.
- Official Transcript - Official transcripts must be sent directly to Drexel from all the colleges/universities that you have attended. Transcripts must be submitted electronically to email@example.com or in a sealed envelope with the college/university seal over the flap. Mailing addresses can be found at drexel.edu/grad/apply/checklist.
- GRE: Our program has made the GRE General Test optional for the fall 2021 admission cycle. You may submit scores if you have them, and they will be considered by the admissions committee. Applications without GRE scores will be given equal consideration.
- GRE Scores: Official copies of GRE scores may be sent to Drexel (code 2194); Psychology subject test recommended. For all questions about GREs and GRE score reports, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.895.2400.
For international students or applicants who earned a degree outside of the U.S.:
- Minimum TOEFL 100/600/250 – Scores will be reviewed based on section scores and total scores (IELTS scores may be submitted in lieu of TOEFL scores)
- I-20 Application and supporting financial documents
Interview (if selected) – In late March or early April, the MS program in psychology conducts two days of in-person interviews, by invitation only.
For more information:
For questions specific to the Department of Psychology, please contact:
For questions related to the graduate admissions process, please contact: