Psychology Clinical PhD Application Instructions
We are now accepting applications. Apply online at admissions.drexel.edu/apply. The application deadline is December 1st, 2020. Before applying, please view the list of faculty members accepting students for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Required Materials Checklist
Online Application, which includes:
- Essay - Write an essay that addresses the following two objectives – please be sure to cover all questions listed inside each objective: (1) The specific research area and questions you would like to pursue in graduate school. Why are these questions important and why are they of interest to you? How does this line of research fit with specific faculty members' or research groups' work at Drexel? What skills and experiences of yours will facilitate your graduate work? (2) Tell us how our program will specifically lead to the next step in your career. *Your essay cannot exceed 9,000 characters (approximately 1,500 words).
- Essay - Our program values diversity. Please tell us how you might contribute to the diversity of our program as well as any relevant multicultural experiences. Please limit response to 200 words or less.
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Three letters of recommendation — You must provide contact information for all three of your evaluators through the Application Form. Your evaluators will then be notified of your application to our program and given instructions on how to submit your letter of recommendation electronically. You will be limited to three evaluators.
- Official Transcript — Official transcripts must be sent directly to Drexel from all the colleges/universities that you have attended. Transcripts must be submitted electronically to email@example.com or in a sealed envelope with the college/university seal over the flap. Mailing addresses can be found at drexel.edu/grad/apply/checklist.
Optional Materials Checklist
- GRE: Our program has made the GRE General Test optional for the fall 2021 admission cycle. You may submit scores if you have them, and they will be considered by the admissions committee. Applications without GRE scores will be given equal consideration.
- GRE Scores: Official copies of GRE scores may be sent to Drexel (code 2194); Psychology subject test recommended. For all questions about GREs and GRE score reports, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.895.2400.
For international students or applicants who earned a degree outside of the U.S.
- Minimum TOEFL 100/600/250 — scores will be reviewed based on section scores and total scores (IELTS scores may be submitted in lieu of TOEFL scores).
- I-20 Application and supporting financial documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my GRE results will not arrive until after the application deadline?
We review applications in the months of December and January, and late GRE scores may or may not be considered. Once official scores have been submitted to Graduate Admissions, notify us by emailing your new scores to email@example.com.
I completed a master’s program in psychology. Will my credits transfer?
Once admitted, we consider each course request individually by forwarding the syllabus to the relevant instructors, who determine whether the courses you have taken cover equivalent material with a comparable level of rigor. Most students with a master’s degree take 4-5 years to complete our PhD program.