Student Job Opportunities
March 24, 2016
Looking for a job this spring? Apply to work with the Department of Global Studies and Modern Languages, the offices of STS, Public Policy and Sociology, or the College of Computing and Informatics!
Program Assistant Work Study: Department of Global Studies & Modern Languages
The Department of Global Studies and Modern Languages, home to the programs in International Area Studies, Africana Studies, Women's and Gender Studies, and Modern Languages, is looking for a program assistant. Duties include organizing events, research for the programs, and general office duties.
Our ideal candidate must be reliable, preferably self-directed, interested in any of the fields we represent, and have a basic understanding of Word and Excel. Our office maintains a genial and inviting environment, and allows for flexibility in the work-study schedule.
Regrettably, current IAS majors/minors, as well as WGST, AFAS and language minors, cannot be considered for this position. Please make sure that you are work-study eligible before applying.
Please contact Kate Hughes for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department Assistant Work Study: Offices of STS, Public Policy & Sociology
The Centers for Science, Technology and Society (STS) and Public Policy, and the Department of Sociology, are looking for a work-study department assistant. The position involves physical and electronic filing, information collection and organization, light editing, help with set-up and breakdown of lectures and panel discussions, deliveries (not heavy) and other duties as assigned by the assistant director.
Applicants must be responsible, prompt, organized, detail-oriented, and able to do light Internet research and work in Excel and Word. Graphic design skills or image research skills are a plus but not necessary. Opportunities are available for students to work 10-20 hours per week. Must have federal work-study in financial aid package. The position pays $9.50 per hour for undergraduates, and $10.50 per hour for grad students.
Please contact Irene Cho for more information at email@example.com.
Student Worker Opportunity in Communication: CCI
The College of Computing and Informatics (University City Campus) is looking for a Drexel student majoring in communication, English or marketing to assist CCI’s Communications Team during the spring 2016 quarter (beginning March 28, 2016). The student must be dependable and organized, have strong writing skills, a passion for social media, and a keen attention to detail. This position is for 10 hours per week and pays $15 an hour.
- Writing and Editing: Assist in writing and editing of college news stories/content for college websites and marketing materials
- Social Media: Assist in college social media efforts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Events: Assist in setting up lunches, helping at events when needed
- Video/Photos: Assist in storyboarding/coordinating college video and photo shoots
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Must be a current Drexel student majoring in communication, English or marketing
- Dependable and detail oriented
- Strong writing skills
- Familiarity with social media networks and HootSuite
- Basic knowledge of Drexel branding/style preferred (www.drexel.edu/identity)
- Knowledge of graphic design programs (Adobe Creative Suite) a plus
- Knowledge of photography (DSLR) a plus
To apply, email your résumé and cover letter to Kerry Boland at firstname.lastname@example.org.