Maryanoff First-Year Summer Research Program
Apply by January 26, 2020
The Department of Chemistry in Drexel University’s College of Arts and Sciences invites you to apply for the Maryanoff First-Year Summer Research Program. This program is open to first-year science students at Drexel who are interested in chemistry research in the following areas:bioanalytical chemistry, computational chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or synthetic organic chemistry.
Accepted students will receive a 10-week stipend for up to $4,000, depending on the number of research hours performed. Summer lodging though a commuter opportunity is also available to applicants.
After completion of the research, students are each required to make a 10-minute presentation (date to be determined) to the donors, Drs. Bruce and Cynthia Maryanoff.
This program is open to students who are eligible for employment and majoring in the following: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies and Sustainability, Geoscience, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology and Science (undecided).
- A short (one page or less) essay on why you wish to be involved in research. Be sure to include your name, university ID number and major at the top of your application. Save your application as follows: First and Last Name Maryanoff Application. For example: Ravi Patel Maryanoff Application.doc
- Identification of the first, second and third choice of the research project on which you wish to work, chosen from the following areas of research:
- Atmospheric Chemistry (Ezra Wood, PhD)
- Medicinal Chemistry (Frank Ji, PhD)
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry (Fraser Fleming, PhD)
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry (Dionicio Martinez, PhD)
View complete descriptions of the projects offered [PDF].
- Declaration that the student will conduct research for a 10-week period of approximately 40 hours/week. The start date falls on the first day of classes for the summer term (June 22, 2020).
- Indication of whether you would like to be considered for the commuter opportunity (as well as a lodger).
Applications are due on or before January 20, 2020 for full consideration. Applicants will be notified by end of February 2020.
Please e-mail your application to Jun Xi, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org).