WHAT TYPE OF FUEL DOES YOUR BODY USE?
Are you a male Combat Sport Athlete or Runner? Do you have at least 3 years of experience? Do you exercise at least 4 times a week? You may qualify to participate in Drexel’s Substrate Study!
Research Objective: The purpose of this study is to better understand individual and sport specific differences in energy use during exercise.
Who is eligible:
Males (18+ years of age and older) who meet the following criteria:
• Are a Runner or Combat Sport Athlete (Judo, Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling)
• 3 or more years of experience
• Exercise at least 4 days per week
What is involved:
• 4 study visits where we will assess the following:
• Aerobic capacity (VO2max), Substrate use during exercise and dietary intake
• Find out your: aerobic fitness level and what type of foods your body prefers during exercise
• Analysis of your usual dietary intake
• Monetary compensation is not available, but you will receive your test results at no cost
Where and when does the study take place?
• 4 study visits (2 hours each session), approximately 1 week apart
• Location: 1601 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
If you are interested in participating in this study, please contact: Jrs484@drexel.edu
For a printable version of this flyer, click here to download
This research is conducted by a researcher who is a member of Drexel University.