Integrated Tele-exercise for Individuals with SCI: Psychological and Social Responses with Spinal Cord Injury
The purpose of this study is to determine if the virtual, integrated health and wellness program for individuals with SCI improves physical activity levels, beliefs about exercise, quality of life, pain, sleep and/or well-being.
You may qualify if you:
- Are over 18 years or older
- Have lived with your spinal cord injury for 12 or more months with some arm movement
- Have internet access to participate in classes
- Are not currently in rehab
- Are cleared to exercise by brief survey
- Participate two times per week for eight weeks in an online group exercise program
- Complete surveys at enrollment, baseline, eight weeks and 16 weeks of the program
- Two online focus groups, one before, one after the program to provide information on your preferences, interests and opinions of the program. Each focus group will last 60-90 minutes with 3-4 individuals, including others living with SCI and the researcher
You will receive up to $150 in electronic gift cards for your time and participation.
All classes, interviews and data collection will take place on a secure virtual platform.
For more information:
Please contact Margaret Finley, 410.746.2112, email@example.com or
Laura Baehr, 215.873.4471, firstname.lastname@example.org
This study is conducted by a researcher who is a member of Drexel University.