Investigating Clinical Practices of Medical Art Therapists Working with Children and Adolescents Diagnosed with Sickle Cell Disease
What is this study about?
Across the United States, pediatric patients with sickle cell disease participate in art therapy while receiving care at the hospital. However, there is a lack of research about how art therapists use art therapy to help youth with SCD. Our study is designed to learn how art therapists are working with the pediatric SCD population.
What does it involve?
- Take part in one audio-recorded interview that will take approximately 60 to 90 minutes over Zoom
- Share your experience as an art therapist working with children and/or adolescents diagnosed with SCD
Who can participate? You may be eligible to take part if:
- You are a registered art therapist (has your ATR obtained from the ATCB)
- You have at least two years of experience working with children or adolescents with SCD (in the past or present)
- You are working in the United States
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in participating, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
After you complete your interview, you will receive a $20 Target or a $20 Amazon gift card (whichever you prefer). The gift card will be emailed or mailed via USPS (as requested).
Where will the study take place?
Interviews will take place over Zoom. Zoom is a free app that can be accessed via smartphone, tablet, or a computer.
If you are interested in participating in this study, please call or text: 215-384-8959 or email: ATSCDstudy@drexel.edu