Do you exercise at least twice a week? Are you a recreational, club, college, ROTC or masters athlete? Dr. Michael Bruneau’s Metabolic lab is looking for volunteers for the Athletes’ Study!
Research Objective: The purpose of this study is to compare nutrition and physical fitness characteristics of Collegiate athletes, Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) Cadets and Midshipmen, and Masters athletes.
Who is eligible?
Adults (18+ years of age and older) who meet any of the following criteria:
- Collegiate athletes (club or varsity)
- Recreational athletes: you are eligible if you exercise or practice your sport 2 or more times per week
ROTC cadets and midshipmen
Masters athletes (26+ years of age and older), competitive or recreational
What is involved?
- 2 study visits where we will assess the following:
- Body composition (DXA scan), aerobic capacity (VO2max), resting metabolic rate, physical fitness, dietary intake and activity level measurements
Find out your:
- bone density and percent body fat; your aerobic fitness; and your daily Calorie needs at no cost to you (approximately $500 value)
- Monetary compensation is not available, but you will receive your test results at no cost
Where and when does the study take place?
2 study visits (1 to 3 hours each session), approximately 1 week apart
Location: 1601 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
If you are interested in participating in this study, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This research is conducted by a researcher who is a member of Drexel University.