Human Nutrition Laboratories
The Human Nutrition Laboratories, within the Department of Nutrition Sciences, College of Nursing and Health Professions’ (CNHP), are interdisciplinary applied and clinical research facilities. They provide quality core services in clinical and applied measurement, biomarker analyses, and protocol development. They have nutrition scientists and registered dietitian nutritionists conducting cutting-edge research, who can also provide nutrition research consultation for the Drexel University research community, other universities/research entities, and businesses.
The Human Nutrition Laboratories span three different campuses totaling over 4,200 square feet.
We offer a variety of basic and applied nutrition testing services.
- Biomarkers in blood, saliva or urine samples can be analyzed. These include; but, are not limited to cholesterol, C-reactive protein, hormone, vitamin and some mineral concentrations*
- Food analyses for total Calories and fat, protein, carbohydrate, vitamin and mineral content.
- Clinical and applied measurements, such as measuring resting metabolic rate, maximal oxygen consumption, bone mineral density, body composition, activity levels, food intake and dietary analyses, etc.
- Dietary analyses can be completed by collecting and analyzing dietary intake using specialized programs.
- Nutrition counseling is conducted by registered dietitian nutritionists who work directly with clients on nutrition goals for optimal health.
Laboratory faculty and staff can additionally provide the following services
- One-on-one workshops
- One- and two-day boot camps for groups
- Week-long comprehensive boot camps
For a full list of services offered at the Human Nutrition Labs, Click here...
Events: We are offering a week-long comprehensive “Nutrition Sciences Boot Camp” in Summer of 2020. Click here to learn more...
For more information or for inquiry about our services, please contact us at: HumanNutritionLabs@Drexel.edu