Dementia Strategies Course Created for Professional Development
June 3, 2019
April 17, 2020
The College of Nursing and Health Professions Division of Continuing Education is pleased to announce a new, one-day continuing education course. “Dementia Strategies: An Interprofessional Approach” will be offered on April 17, 2020 for nurses and health professionals both in person and via live webcast.
The workshop will offer evidence-based knowledge and hands-on skills required to support individuals living with dementia and their care partners. Using an interprofessional approach, participants will be able to:
- Identify, prevent and address behavioral signs and psychological symptoms associated with dementia.
- Discuss novel therapeutic strategies to engage, stimulate and comfort individuals living with dementia.
- Demonstrate how to work with, support and include care partners and work on an interprofessional team in caring for and supporting individuals living with dementia and their care partners from a person-centered care paradigm.
Content areas will include:
- Novel approaches (activity, exercise) to address common clinical symptoms.
- Common medical issues and best practices.
Check out our website for more information and registration.