Chapman Featured in CBS-3 Clip about Stephanie Bon Jovi’s Heroin Overdose
November 1, 2012
Robert Chapman, PhD, a clinical associate professor in the Behavioral Health Counseling Department, was interviewed for a CBS-3 news clip about Stephanie Bon Jovi’s heroin overdose. Stephanie, daughter of musician Jon Bon Jovi, was discovered in her Hamilton College dormitory room with another student in the middle of the night, unresponsive after a heroin overdose. She now faces misdemeanor drug possession charges. Chapman, an expert on substance use disorders and addiction, said, “Substance use disorders are probably, if not the number one, one of the top three public health disorders that college students find themselves wrestling with.” He is the faculty advisor for Drexel University Recovery (DUR), an officially-sanctioned student organization designed to provide support for recovering students at the University.