August 27, 2015
• Jayne Dalessio, a student in the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program (PMHNP), will be honored for exemplary patient care in the Cameos of Caring® Program & Awards at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
• Clare Milner, PhD, traveled to Glasgow, Scotland to present her research on the influence of foot strike pattern on biomechanics associated with tibial stress fracture in female runners at the 25th Congress of the International Society of Biomechanics (ISB). This long-established meeting attracts senior and junior scientists and their students from around the world.
• Joan Bloch, PhD, Girija Kaimal, EdD, Clare Milner, PhD and Maggie O’Neil, PhD, were spotlighted in Drexel’s EXEL Magazine, serving to promote research in and among the university community as well as external constituencies.
College of Nursing & Health Professions student publication:
• Andrea Maluso, a nurse in the Online RN to BSN Completion Program, has been published in the Oncology Nursing Forum, September 2015. The Oncology Nursing Forum is an official publication of the Oncology Nursing Society and is a peer-reviewed journal with a 36% acceptance
College of Nursing & Health Professions faculty publications:
• Diane DePew, DSN, assistant clinical professor, Fran Cornelius, PhD, department chair of Division of Graduate Nursing and Carol Patton, PhD, clinical professor
DePew, D. D., Cornelius, F. H., & Patton, C. (2015). Enhancing student learning in online nursing education using ApprenNet technology. In J. Branch, P. Bartholomew, & Nygaard, C. (Eds)., Technology-enhanced learning in higher education. Oxfordshire, UK: Libri Publishing.
• Diane DePew, DSN, assistant clinical professor
Drew, S., & DePew, D. D. (2015). Introducing the practice of technology enhanced learning. In J. Branch, P. Bartholomew, & Nygaard, C. (Eds). Technology-enhanced learning in higher education. Oxfordshire, UK: Libri Publishing.