Stephanie Brooks, PhD, LCSW, LMFT is a clinical professor in the College of Nursing and Health Professions at Drexel University. She is the senior associate dean for Health Professions and Faculty Affairs and Couple and Family Therapy PhD Program director. Brooks is an American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy approved supervisor and clinical fellow and the executive program consultant for the AAMFT Minority Fellowship Program. Brooks’ clinical and scholarly interests include: supervision and training, cultural diversity, social justice, Person of the Therapist Training, addiction and behavioral health.
- Alpha Eta Society
- Approved Supervisor American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Clinical Fellow of American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Association of Women in Science
Clinical Certified Forensic Counselor
National Association of Social Workers
PA Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Brooks, S. & Forman-Roberto, L. (2014). Supervision: The transgenerational models.
In T. Todd & C. Storm (Eds.), Complete systemic supervisor (3rd ed).
New Jersey: Wiley Press.
- Brooks, S. & Waite, R. (2013). Expanding therapy with ADHD among African american couples: A multilevel approach. In J. Carlson, & L. Maucieri (Eds.), The distracted couple: The impact of
ADHD on adult relationships. VT: Crown House.
- Waite, R. & Brooks, S. (2014). Cultivating social justice Learning & leadership Skills: A
timely endeavor among undergraduate student nurses. Nurse Education Today. Online publication complete: 21-MAR-2014 DOI information: 10.1016/j.nedt.2014.02.009
- Storm, C., Brooks, S. & Lyness, K., Sprenkle, D. (2014). Educational settings and supervision.
In T. Todd. & C. Storm (Eds.), Complete systemic supervisor (3rd ed.).
New York: Wiley Press.
- Waite, R. & Brooks, S. (2013) Untangling the dynamics of ADHD among African american
couples In J. Carlson, & L. Maucieri (Eds.), The distracted couple: The impact of ADHD on adult relationships. VT: Crown House.
Editorial review board membership:
Journal of Family Psychotherapy
Supervision and training, cultural diversity, social justice, Person of the Therapist Training, substance use disorder and behavioral health and families
Brooks specializes in sex therapy, post-traumatic stress disorder, racial and cultural issues, adolescent transitions, couple and family therapy supervision, school- and parent-related problems, women and divorce, forensic family therapy, depression, adoption/foster care, family violence, domestic violence and medical family therapy.