Clinical Associate Professor
Advanced Role MSN Department
Marylou K. McHugh, PhD, has over 40 years of experience in education as a faculty member in associate, baccalaureate and masters nursing programs and as an administrator in both baccalaureate and masters programs. During that time, she was particularly interested in RN/BSN education and developed a research based protocol for accepting diploma and associate degree nurses into RN/BSN programs without standardized testing. Her work led to her being awarded the Pennsylvania Nurses Association award as Nurse Educator of the Year in 1993. This work has been used as the basis for articulation in several states including Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Arkansas. In 1992, McHugh was awarded the Regional Nursing Education Award from Kappa Delta Chapter Sigma Theta Tau in recognition of outstanding work as a teacher, mentor and educational researcher.
In 1992 McHugh was awarded the Regional Nursing Education Award from Kappa Delta Chapter Sigma Theta Tau in recognition of outstanding work as a teacher, mentor and educational researcher.
Teachers College Alumni Association
Sigma Theta Tau
She was involved with the National League for Nursing since 1982 in the following capacities: Program Evaluator, Board of Review, National Resolutions Committee, and from 1997-2001 was one of the five baccalaureate educators elected as a Commissioner of the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). This Commission is responsible for making and implementing policy for accreditation at the national level for all types of nursing programs – Practical, Associate, Baccalaureate, and Masters.
- McHugh, M. K. , Fliszar, R., Wittmann-Price, R. (2018). Facilitating learning in the clinical setting. In Whittmann-Price, Godshall, M., and Wilson, L. (Eds). Certified nurse educator review manual. (3rd ed) New York: Springer Publications.
- McHugh, M. K. (2018). Curriculum design and evaluation of program outcomes. In Whittmann-Price, R., Godshall, M., and Wilson, L. (Eds). Certified nurse educator review manual. 32nd ed) New York: Springer Publications.
She specializes Nursing, Track Coordinator, Contemporary Nursing Faculty Track.
- EdD, Teachers College, Columbia University – Nursing-the Professorial Role
- MSN, University of Pennsylvania – Care of the Adult
- BSN, Gwynedd Mercy University
- Diploma in Nursing, Pennsylvania Hospital School of Nursing