PhD, RN, CCRN-K
Assistant Clinical Professor
RN-BSN Completion Department
Cynthia Hambach, PhD, is an assistant clinical professor in the College of Nursing and Health Professions. Hambach received a Diploma in Nursing from Frankford Hospital School of Nursing, her BSN from Pennsylvania State University, her MSN from Widener University and her PhD in Nursing from Villanova University. She has many years of experience in nursing, primarily in the critical care field. Hambach has functioned in many different roles throughout her career, ranging from staff nurse to staff educator and clinical nurse specialist. She is a certified Critical Care Nurse (CCRN-K) as well as a member of Sigma Theta Tau. Currently, she teaches various courses in the RN-BSN completion program. Previously, she has taught varied courses in the undergraduate nursing program as well.
Sigma Theta Tau
American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN)
- Hambach, C. (2020). Using standardized patients in simulated learning experiences to develop clinical judgment and clinical competence of sophomore level baccalaureate nursing students in a foundations of nursing practice course (Publication No. 28259313) [Doctoral dissertation, Villanova University]. ProQuest Dissertations Publishing.
- Hambach, C. (2019). Clinical judgment: A concept analysis. Journal of Nursing Doctoral Students Scholarship, 7, 38-47. https://issuu.com/pennnursing/docs/jndss_publication_2019.
- Hambach, C. (2017). Cardioversion. In D.L. Wiegand (Ed.), AACN Procedure Manual for High Acuity, Progressive and Critical Care (7th ed., pp. 293-301). Elsevier.
- Hambach, C. (2017). Defibrillation (External). In D.L. Wiegand (Ed.), AACN Procedure Manual for High Acuity, Progressive and Critical Care (7th ed., pp. 302-309). Elsevier.
- PhD in Nursing: Villanova University, Villanova, PA
- MSN: Widener University, Chester, PA
- BSN: Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- Diploma in Nursing: Frankford Hospital School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA