Theresa M. Campo, DNP, is chair of Emergency Medical Services, the director of the Emergency Nurse Practitioner Postmaster Certificate track and associate clinical professor at Drexel University. She is board-certified as a family nurse practitioner and emergency nurse practitioner. She also works part-time as a nurse practitioner in an emergency department in Southern New Jersey.
Campo received a Doctor of Nursing Practice from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio and earned a Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner, from Widener University in Chester Pennsylvania. She has over 30 years of experience in emergency medicine, including pre-hospital, emergency department/quick care and trauma.
Campo is a founding board member of the American Academy of Emergency Nurse Practitioners, a national organization, and has served as the inaugural chair of the education committee and editor of the quarterly newsletter. She has served as vice chair of the American Nurses Credentialing Center content expert panel for Emergency Nurse Practitioner certification and was the first ENP-BC in New Jersey. Campo was an appointed board liaison for the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians.
She is a national and international lecturer on emergency and urgent care topics and faculty for Fitzgerald Health Education Associates. Campo is the co-author of Essential Procedures for the Emergency, Urgent, and Primary Care Settings: A Clinical Companion, 1st and 2nd editions, and is the author of Medical Imaging for the Health Care Provider: Practical Radiograph Interpretation. Campo has also authored several book chapters and peer-reviewed articles. She is on the editorial board for the Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal.
Campo was awarded the American Association of Nurse Practitioners State Award for Excellence in 2011 and was inducted into the Fellows of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners in 2015 and the American Academy of Nursing in 2017.
National and international presenter, author, editor and entrepreneur
Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing (FAAN)
Fellow of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (FAANP)
American Academy of Emergency Nurse Practitioners
American Association of Nurse Practitioners
American Academy of Nursing
American Nurses Association/New Jersey State Nurses Association
National Association of Catholic Nurses
- Holleran, R. & Campo, T. M. (Due for publication 2021). Emergency Nurse Practitioner Core Curriculum. Springer Publishing: New York, NY
- Campo, T. M. (Due for publication 2020). Essential Procedures for the Emergency, Urgent and Primary Care Settings: A Clinical Companion (3rd ed.). Springer Publishing: New York, NY.
- Campo, T., Hemby, D., & Glass, C. (2019). Infectious Disease. In J. Cash & C. Glass (Eds.), Adult-Gerontology Practice Guidelines (5th edition), New York, NY: Springer.
- Campo, T. [Section Ed.]. (2018). Critical and Emergency Care. In J. Fitzpatrick, C. Alfes, & R. Hickman (Eds.), Mastery Guide of Clinical Nursing. New York, NY; Springer Publishing.
- Campo, T. [Section Ed.]. (2018). In J. Fitzpatrick, C. Alfes, & R. Hickman (Eds]. Handbook of Emergency and Critical Care. New York, NY: Springer Publishing.
- Campo, T.M. (2016). Medical Imaging for Health Care Providers: Practical Radiograph Interpretation. Springer Publishing: New, NY.
- March 2011 – 2013: Co-Investigator with Joyce Fitzpatrick
Emergency Care Nurses: Certification, Empowerment, Anticipated Turnover, and Intent to Leave the Current Position and the Nursing Profession. A national survey of ENA members
Funded by the Board of Certification for Emergency Nurses (BCEN), $25, 000
- Aug 2007 – 2011: Research Assistant – Case Western Reserve University/AACN
Empowerment Among Certified and Non-Certified Critical Care Nurses: A National Survey of AACN Members
Funded by the American Association for Critical Care Nurses, $25,000
Editorial review board membership:
- Editorial Board Member – Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal
- Editor American Academy of Emergency Nurse Practitioners Quarterly Newsletter
- Manuscript Reviewer – Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Manuscript Reviewer – Journal of Interprofessional Education and Practice
- Manuscript Reviewer – Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal
- Manuscript Reviewer – Journal of Nursing Management
- Book Reviewer – Springer Publishing Company
- Abstract Reviewer – American Association of Nurse Practitioners
Medical procedures, simulation, structural empowerment, intent to leave the nursing profession/current position, anticipated turnover, psychological empowerment
Campo is a practicing emergency nurse practitioner in southern New Jersey.