Certificate Level: Graduate
Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree
Certificate Type: Post-baccalaureate
Number of Credits to Completion: 12.0
Instructional Delivery: Online
Calendar Type: Quarter
Expected Time to Completion: 1 year
Financial Aid Eligibility: Not aid eligible
Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) Code: 51.0001
Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Code: 21.1091
The Graduate Certificate in Sexual Health and Wellness will prepare you with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to provide comprehensive and sensitive sexual health care to patients and their partners. You'll be able to discuss a wide range of patient sexual health issues, promote sexual wellness, diagnose and treat sexual problems, and provide patient education on various sexual health topics.
Upon completing the program, you'll be able to:
- Collaborate with other appropriate health care team members to improve patient sexual health
- Conduct age-appropriate sexual health screenings, in-depth sexual history interviews, and sexual health counseling
- Demonstrate an understanding of healthy sexual function, sexual response cycles, sexual orientation, gender identity, and human sexual behavior
- Design individualized, comprehensive, culturally appropriate plans of care to help patients achieve their sexual health goals
- Develop specific ways to act as an ally to patients who may experience discrimination and marginalization due to their sexual and gender identity, behaviors, or history
- Provide age-appropriate, culturally-competent, and comprehensive patient education on a wide variety of sexuality topics
- Reflect on the importance of sexual wellness as part of the overall health of patients, with a deep understanding of the potential biological, psychological, social, cultural, and religious influencing factors
Applications for this certificate program are currently being accepted for fall 2016 admission.
A baccalaureate degree with a major in a health-related field from an accredited university.
2.75 GPA or above on all previous coursework
Official transcripts must be sent directly to Drexel from all the colleges/universities that you have attended. Transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the college/university seal over the flap. Please note that transcripts are required regardless of number of credits taken or if the credits were transferred to another school. An admission decision may be delayed if you do not send transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
Transcripts must show course-by-course grades and degree conferrals. If your school does not notate degree conferrals on the official transcripts, you must provide copies of any graduate or degree certificates.
If your school issues only one transcript for life, you are required to have a course-by-course evaluation completed by an approved transcript evaluation agency
Use our Transcript Lookup Tool to assist you in contacting your previous institutions
If you attended a Diploma School of Nursing and the school was affiliate with a college/university, the official transcript must be submitted from the college for any non-nursing courses for which you received credit.
Personal Statement/ Essay:
Specific work experience not required.
International applicants, as well as immigrants to the United States and U.S. permanent residents whose native language is not English and who have not received a bachelor's degree or higher in the United States, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom, must show proficiency in English speaking as well as listening, writing and reading. American citizens born on U.S. military bases abroad may be waived from the TOEFL requirement after providing documentation of this status. Otherwise, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
If you take the TOEFLiBT exam, you must have:
a minimum combined score for listening, writing, and reading sections of 79 plus a speaking section score of 26 or higher.
a minimum score of 550 or higher and a Test of Spoken English score (TSE) of 55 or higher.
Tuition and Fee Rates:
Please visit the Drexel Online Certificate in Sexual Health and Wellness tuition page
Application Link (if outside organization):