CCI Web App Design Competition Requirements
Students need a flexible way to create a master’s program that fits their academic and professional goals. This tool will help students envisage the different combination of certificates that they can take to form a full master’s degree at CCI.
- An intuitive web-based system design that allows users to “mix and match” certificate programs to arrive at master’s degrees
- All program options should be viewable/selectable by the user
- For any combination of 3 certificates selected, users will see the master’s degree(s) they can obtain (please review Further Specifications below for more details)
Design Competition Requirements:
To be eligible for the competition and prizes, participants must meet all the following requirements:
- Be a currently enrolled Drexel undergraduate or graduate student; each team must include a member who is enrolled in a CCI program or course. Teams are encouraged!
- Must complete remote user testing of design and provide feedback with final design submission
- Final design must be submitted via Devpost by January 4, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST with design Prototype (link to website/design documents) and a video that explains your design
- Optional: providing scenarios/personas, description of challenges encountered in design
View our Dec. 2 Q&A session with CCI Professor Andrea Forte to hear more about competition details.
- Originality & Creativity
- Intuitiveness of Design and UX
- Thoroughness of user testing/feedback
Prizes (for individual or split equally among team members):
- First Prize: $1,500
- Runner Up: $1,000
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Before completing a technical certificate, folks without a background in CS have to complete a CS Foundations Certificate. How can your interface communicate this to potential students?
For each degree, a base certificate has to completed. For example, an HCI/UX degree requires getting an HCI/UX certificate. You can’t put together a Computer Science, a Data Science, and a Software Architecture certificate together and get an HCI/UX degree out of it. How can your interface communicate this to potential students?
Suggested Certificate List
- Information Systems
- Foundations of Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning*
- Technology Leadership
- Computer Science Foundations
- Advanced Computer Science*
- Software Architecture*
- Front-End Development
- … and any others you can imagine. You can imagine any certificates and master’s degrees you like as long as your design respects the constraints!
* technical certificate
Learn More at Our Upcoming Q&A Session
Date: Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2020
Time: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. EST
Drexel CCI is hosting a virtual Q&A session with Associate Professor Andrea Forte where you can get more details on competition requirements, and ask questions about submissions, registration, award criteria, etc. This session will also be recorded and posted to CCI's YouTube channel for later viewing. Please register via Zoom to attend the Dec. 2 session.