MSI Webinar: “The Drexel Capstone Experience: Bringing LIS Education into Real-World Settings"
Wednesday, April 22, 2020
12:00 PM-1:00 PM
Drexel University's College of Computing & Informatics presents its sixth event in its new monthly MS in Information Webinar Series:
"Online Collaboration and Other Dangerous Feats"
The Drexel capstone program gives Master’s of Science in Information (MSI) students the chance to put what they learn in the classroom into practice in professional work environments. This session will feature four recent alumni of our MSI in Library & Information Science
talking about their capstone project work in libraries, archives, museums, and corporate and nonprofit information centers.
This online event is free and open to all.
Participants will receive login information for the Zoom meeting upon registration.
This session will be recorded and available for later viewing on Drexel CCI's YouTube channel
About the Webinar Series:
- December 5, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Alex Poole, PhD on “Seeking Social Justice in the Archives” - Learn more at drexelcci.info/msi125
- December 18, 2019 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Jina Huh-Yoo, PhD “Using Emerging Technology to Support Health” - Learn more and register at drexelcci.info/msi1218
- January 15, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Tim Gorichanaz, PhD on "Art as Information" Learn more and register at drexelcci.info/msi115
- March 5, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Andrea Forte, PhD on "Online Collaboration and other Dangerous Feats" - Learn more and register at drexelcci.info/msi35
- May 13, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Xia Lin, PhD on "Information Seeking and Knowledge Space” - Learn more and register at drexelcci.info/msi513
About Drexel CCI's MS in Information Degree Program:
Drexel’s MS in Information (MSI) program is a professional masters of information management degree that prepares students to be leaders in the information profession who can lead, collaborate and innovate data-driven solutions to advance society and the economy. Students in the program are trained for a range of information and data-oriented careers at the intersection of people, information and technology. Learn more at drexelcci.info/msi