The Drexel University Undergraduate Class of 2020 Scholarship
To support our graduating undergraduate seniors during a challenging economy and job market brought on by COVID-19, Drexel University is offering a one-time scholarship opportunity to the Class of 2020. The Drexel University Undergraduate Class of 2020 Scholarship covers 50% of tuition for eligible programs, effective through the lifecycle of the eligible graduate program up to 36 months from the initial term of acceptance/enrollment. All CCI MS and Graduate Certificate programs are eligible for participation. Scholarship details are available below and on the Graduate Admissions Class of 2020 Scholarship page.
The CCI Advantage
While COVID-19 presents many challenges for our economy and the current job market, Drexel has worked tirelessly to provide the best possible educational experience to our students. While the shift to online learning for all programs required patience and perseverance on behalf of our students, faculty, and professional staff, we were uniquely positioned for a smooth transition as all CCI graduate programs were already offered online. Flexibility, real world skills, and industry responsiveness are hallmarks of the CCI curriculum and program delivery, which is why this exceptional opportunity is so valuable at this moment as you complete your undergraduate studies.
CCI also fosters a strong relationship with industry. Through our Corporate Partners Program, CCI engages directly with a variety of companies representing many fields and disciplines. These relationships not only benefit the educational experience and ensure our curriculum meets the needs of today's rapidly changing digital economy, but they yield increased opportunities for professional networking and career building for students throughout every program within our College.
Whether you are a current CCI student or a graduate of one of Drexel’s other fantastic colleges, our wide range of computing and informatics graduate programs will increase your marketability and ensure you have the skills and experience necessary to succeed in the modern digital economy. Regardless of your undergraduate major, CCI has a program that will build on your undergraduate experience and position you to be a leader in your chosen field.
With flexible, stackable certificates that add vital skills and professional credentials, this is a perfect opportunity to build your resume in the short term, whether you already have a new job or if you are working to increase your job prospects in the months ahead. Certificates can also serve as a great entryway into one of our MS programs should you decide to continue your graduate studies.
Our Master’s level Computer Science and Software Engineering programs provide the depth and rigor necessary to expand the skills of even the most technically proficient students. However, due to the breadth and integrated nature of our programming, we have a host of options and multiple pathways to success in today’s hottest career fields for students of any background, with little or no previous technical experience, including Data Science, Human-Computer Interaction and User Experience, Digital Content Management, and more.
From our brand-new program in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, to Data Science and Information Systems to Library and Information Science, CCI’s suite of programs has a perfect option to complement any Drexel undergraduate degree. Explore our programs below and decide which is right for you.
Participating CCI Graduate Programs
Master's Level Programs
Any Drexel undergraduate senior, on campus or online, who is graduating in the 2019-2020 Academic Year (Fall 2019 through Summer 2020) will be eligible for a scholarship covering 50 percent of the tuition cost (excluding fees) for any participating Drexel graduate program.
Undergraduate seniors will need to apply and be accepted to participating Drexel graduate programs to be eligible for the scholarship. Please note that some graduate programs may cap enrollments based on capacity.
To be eligible for the Drexel Undergraduate Class of 2020 Scholarship opportunity, students must meet the following criteria (note that some programs may set additional criteria):
- Be a Drexel senior graduating in the 2019-2020 Academic Year (Fall 2019 (201915), Winter 2020 (201925), Spring 2020 (201935) and Summer 2020 (201945))
- Submit a completed application, meet all admissions criteria and be accepted into a participating Drexel graduate program
- Begin graduate program in Summer 2020 (201945), Fall 2020 (202015/202011), or Winter 2021 (202025)
- Maintain good academic standing (minimum 3.00 term and cumulative GPA)
- Complete the program within 36 months of initial term of enrollment.
- Covers 50 percent of the tuition charges, excluding fees
- May not be combined with any other Drexel-sponsored scholarships, discounts or funding*
- Recipients may not transition into a PhD or doctoral program before completing the eligible master's degree program
- Effective through the lifecycle of the eligible graduate program up to 36 months from the initial term of acceptance/enrollment
- All terms completed after 36 months will be charged at the full tuition rate
*Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 4.5 credits to be eligible for federal financial aid.
Admissions Criteria for CCI Programs
- Application fee: Waived
- Personal Statement: Please address why you are choosing the degree and how it fits with your career goals.
- Transcripts: Admissions will automatically pull transcripts on behalf of the student.
- GMAT / GRE Scores: All applicants will be considered for waivers based on a holistic review of the following:
- Undergrad major and GPA
- Quantitative abilities displayed
- Co-op/internship experience
Application Deadlines for CCI Programs
- Fall Term Start: September 10
For more information on the scholarship and CCI's graduate programs, please contact CCI's Recruitment team: