CCI's Graduate Certificate in Applied Data Science program is designed for professionals of all backgrounds who would like to learn how to manage and leverage data assets for decision making, problem solving, modeling and related activity.
By combining foundational knowledge and applied training, this certificate program provides students with core knowledge in applied data science that can be applied, immediately in the professional workplace, or used as a launching point for more in depth and expansive knowledge in the field.
- Available online or on campus.
- 5-course curriculum that provides a comprehensive overview of applied data science topics, including data organization and stewardship, mining, retrieval, visualization and analytics.
- Coursework focuses on the application of data science methods for solving problems or gaining insights in real-world settings.
- Students who successfully complete the certificate have the option to continue broadening their understanding of data science by transitioning into the Master of Science in Data Science degree.
For more information on curriculum, please visit the Drexel University Catalog.
- Graduate application for the on-campus program or the online program
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution.
- 3.0 GPA in a prior completed degree, BA/BS and above.
- Official final transcripts including a bachelor's degree conferred from a regionally accredited institution and/or World Education Services (WES) Course-by-Course Evaluation of foreign transcripts.
- One (1) letter of recommendation required, two (2) suggested (academic, professional, or both).
- Essay/Statement of Purpose: in approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Current Resume.
- Additional requirements for International Students.
Additional Certificates and Minors in Data Science Available
CCI also offers graduate data science certificates (available online or on campus) in Intro to Data Science, Big Data Analytics, Computational Data Science, and Applied Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Data Science.
For current graduate students who are interested in gaining data science knowledge to complement their master's degree, the College offers graduate minors inComputational Data Science and Applied Data Science.