Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Strategy & Execution
Continual innovation of digital products and platforms requires strategic alignment of information technology to ensure a firm's success. Today, successful organizations rely on leadership from employees who can shape policy, manage projects and deliver return on investments in technology.
Information Technology Strategy & Execution, Drexel’s new interdisciplinary post-baccalaureate certificate program jointly offered by the LeBow College of Business and College of Computing & Informatics, is designed to train the next generation of digital strategists.
This certificate is part of a suite of five Business Information Technology certificates that can be applied toward Drexel’s Master of Science in Business Information Technology, also offered through LeBow and CCI. Three certificates must be completed to receive the MS degree, including the foundational Certificate in Information Technology Management.
Information Technology Strategy & Execution Certificate Program Requirements
- Five-course certificate
- Courses offered through LeBow and CCI provide both practical technical and business knowledge
- Designed for students who have either a technical or business bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with relevant work experience
- Offered online or on-campus
- Graduates of the program may immediately transfer into the Master of Science in Business Information Technology (if grade requirements are met)
Information Technology Strategy & Execution Certificate Program Coursework
5 required core courses (15 credits):
- SE 630: Software Engineering Economics
- SE 638: Software Project Management
- MIS 612: Aligning IS and Business Strategies
- MIS 641: MIS Policy and Strategy
- ORGB 602: Leading and Executing Change
For more information about course requirements and a plan of study, please refer to Drexel University’s supplemental graduate catalog description [PDF].
Information Technology Strategy & Execution Admissions Requirements
- A completed application
- A four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
- Official final transcripts from ALL Colleges/Universities attended
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are not required for MSBIT
- One (1) letter of recommendation required, two (2) are suggested
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- Current résumé
- Students must have access to a computer that meets or exceeds CCI’s computer requirements
- Additional requirements for International Students.
Visit our Graduate Admissions section for application deadlines.
Customize Your Education with Our Business Information Technology Certificates
LeBow and CCI also offer a suite of graduate certificates to allow students to customize their education. In addition to the Digital Transformation Certificate, we offer four additional modular, stackable certificates in Business Information Technology:
Note: Students in the MSBIT will be required to complete the Information Technology & Management certificate in addition to two other certificates listed above.
For more information, please contact Matt Lechtenberg, College of Computing & Informatics’ director of recruitment, at email@example.com or Kate Sonstein, LeBow College of Business’ associate director of graduate recruitment and admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org.