Graduate Certificate in Information Technology & Management
With technology driving almost every industry, and more and more professionals in the coming years will be needed to lead at the intersection of business, information technology and management. Drexel’s new Graduate Certificate in Information Technology & Management provides fundamental knowledge of the business applications, management and administration of information technology.
An interdisciplinary post-baccalaureate certificate program jointly offered by Drexel’s LeBow College of Business and the College of Computing & Informatics (CCI), the Information Technology & Management certificate is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills to manage information technology successfully in an organizational environment.
This certificate is part of a suite of five Business Information Technology certificates that can be applied toward Drexel’s Master of Science in Business Information Technology (MSBIT), also offered through LeBow and CCI. Three certificates must be completed to receive the MS degree, including the required, foundational Certificate in Information Technology & Management.
Information Technology & Management Program Requirements
- Five-course certificate
- Courses offered through LeBow and CCI provide both practical technical and business knowledge
- Designed for students who have either a technical or business bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with relevant work experience
- Offered online or on-campus
- Graduates of the program may immediately transfer into the Master’s of Business Information Technology (if grade requirements are met)
Information Technology & Management Certificate Program Coursework
5 required courses (15 credits):
- CT 500 Introduction to the Digital Environment
- CT 600 Cloud Technology
- CT 610 Disaster Recovery, Continuity Planning and Digital Risk Assessment
- MIS 614 Aligning IT and Operations
- MIS 625 Management of IT Operations
For more information about course requirements and a plan of study, please refer to Drexel University’s supplemental graduate catalog description [PDF].
Information Technology & Management Admissions Requirements
- A completed application
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above.
- Official final transcripts from ALL Colleges/Universities attended.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are not required for MSBIT.
- One (1) letter of recommendation required, two (2) are suggested.
- Essay/Statement of Purpose.
- Current résumé.
- Students must have access to a computer that meets or exceeds CCI’s computer requirements
- Additional requirements for International Students.
Visit our Graduate Admissions section for application deadlines.
Customize Your Education with Our Business Information Technology Certificates
CCI and LeBow also offer a suite of graduate certificates to allow students to customize their education. In addition to the Information Technology and Management Certificate, we offer modular, stackable certificates in Business Information Technology in:
Note: Students in the MSBIT will be required to complete the Information Technology & Management certificate in addition to two other certificates listed above.
For more information, please contact Matt Lechtenberg, College of Computing & Informatics’ director of recruitment, at email@example.com or Kate Sonstein, LeBow College of Business’ associate director of graduate recruitment and admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org.