CASTLE Remote Teaching Grant Recipients
June 12, 2020
Congratulations to the recipients of CASTLE Remote Teaching Grants, supported by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute! The goal of these grants is to support development and implementation of remote STEM teaching initiatives and active learning pedagogies for the Summer 2020 term.
- Jaimie Dougherty, Ph.D., Assistant Teaching Professor; Margaret Wheatley, Ph.D., John M. Reid Professor; Dolores Conover, Laboratory Manager; Lisa Williams, Summer Academy Program Manager; School of Biomedical Engineering, Science & Health Systems
Laboratory simulation software supporting learning about biomedical research
- Steve Earth, Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Computer Science
Software license for interactive audience polling in a Computer Science course
- Simi Hoque, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Civil, Environmental, & Architectural Engineering
Hands-on inquiry materials to support undergraduate and graduate student learning about effective STEM teaching
- Monica Ilies, Ph.D., Associate Teaching Professor; Paul Deroo, Ph.D., Adjunct Professor; Lee Hoffman, Ph.D., Assistant Teaching Professor
Laboratory simulation software for General Chemistry courses
- Kevin PW Smith, Ph.D., Assistant Teaching Professor, Department of Biology
Course integration and deployment of interactive 3D labs in Biology
- Dane Ward, Ph.D., Assistant Teaching Professor, Department of Biodiversity, Earth, & Environmental Science
Equipment to generate virtual reality educational content for Ecology and Environmental Sciences courses
We are excited to hear and help recipients to share the outcomes of these remote STEM teaching initiatives!