For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

34th Street Management

A "Project" is defined as any scope of work in excess of $5,000. Prior approval from the University is required before a vendor may be released for this project.

Projects between $5,000 - $25,000

Point of Contact The Director of Housing and Residence Life (with support from the Housing and Residence Life Budget Coordinator and the Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life) will serve primary point of contact regarding these projects.

To initiate a capital project, the Fraternity should submit a Proposal Memo to the Director of Housing and Residence Life with the following information:

  • Property address
  • Full Scope of Work
  • Estimated cost of project
  • Funding source (i.e. operating account, major gift account, etc.). NOTE that vendors will be paid from the Operating Account only and so a transfer of funds may be required. The appointed person from the organization should initiate this transfer upon approval from the University to proceed.
  • Requested timeline of completion
  • Proposed vendors

Please submit four weeks in advance for processing.

Independent Contract Agreement [ICA]

The University will require all vendors to complete an ICA. This document will be prepared by Housing and Residence Life staff and can be distributed to the vendor via the Fraternity.

Requested projects over $25,000 will require additional support from senior administrators at Drexel University. The same process as above should be followed. Submit proposal memo six weeks in advance.


  • Organizations submitting multiple invoices for one project in increments of $2,500 may be in violation of the University's procurement policies.
  • Change orders may be processed as the project commences. However, change orders which pushes the total cost to the next "level" (as defined above) may require additional competitive bids. This is case-by-case basis and is generally waived if the scope of work does not change.

To process: Organization collects the required number of bids and submits to the Asst. Director of Housing and Residence Life who completes an RTP and submits for processing. The organization must have the appropriate amount of funds in their operating account, or initiate a transfer from their gift accounts [Each organization has a separate contact and process]


To pay for a service that was already completed.

Used when organization wants the University to pay a vendor directly from the organization’s operating account held at the University. Invoices can only be paid for housing-related costs which were built into their rent. The document that UH needs is an INVOICE addressed to Drexel University. An invoice to the attention of the fraternity is not accepted.


  • Organizations submitting invoices for work completed without a PO and over $2,500 may be in violation of the University's procurement policies.

To process: Submit the invoice and a completed check request to General Accounting with a copy to Housing and Residence Life. The check request is made payable to the vendor.


Used when organization (or a specific person) has fronted money and is now requesting reimbursement from their Operating Account held at the University. The document that UH needs is an original register or service provided RECIEPT.

To process: Submit the receipts and a completed check request to The check request is made payable to the student submitting the request. Note that the University does not reimburse for tax paid.

The receipt should be attached to a blank 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper.