Virtureal is really on to something. An overwhelming number of Americans report that they are afraid of public speaking. In the same way that Duolingo has made learning languages more accessible for millions of people through their smartphones, Virtureal hopes to bring public speaking skills to the masses through innovative software that measures factors like speed, usage of filler words, and the pitch of the speaker’s voice. This young company has already attained notoriety, placing well in various business and entrepreneurial competitions locally and nationwide.
- Fall 2015, seeking 100K investment
- Placed 2nd overall in the Junior Achievement of NY/NASDAQ Business Plan Competition
- Rang opening bell at NASDAQ OMX in Times Square, NYC
- Placed top 3 in the Founder.org/Drexel University Close School of Entrepreneurship 60 second pitch off
- Semi-finalist in RECESS Pitch Competition
- Accepted as 1 of 50 attendees to the DCS Bootcamp in NYC
- One of 10 university companies at the Philadelphia Angel Venture Fair, the largest angel gathering in the mid-atlantic region.
SaaS startup positioned to make people better public speakers
Also offer public speaking 1 on 1 coaching for $5/hr