Drexel Alumni Scholarships for Students
Each year, Drexel Alumni awards scholarships to current students based on demonstrated leadership and achievement through the Alumni Legacy, Alumni Leadership and Alumnae Planning Board Scholarships.
2019 SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Alumni Legacy Scholarship*: This scholarship is open to children or grandchildren of Drexel alumni* who are currently sophomores, pre-juniors or juniors. Recipients will be selected on the basis of overall achievement, student activities and community involvement.
Alumni Leadership Scholarship: This scholarship is open to current juniors and will be selected on the basis of leadership demonstrated through participation in university activities and involvement in community organizations.
Alumnae Planning Board Scholarship: This scholarship is open to female juniors. Recipients will be selected on the basis of merit demonstrated through scholastic achievement and leadership within the university and community.
Please read the scholarship criteria before submitting your application.
- You must currently be classified as a sophomore, pre-junior, or junior at the time of your application. Freshmen are not eligible for these scholarship opportunities.
- All applicants must be in good standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and must have been enrolled at Drexel University for at least three terms.
- Students who have already been awarded a full tuition scholarship are not eligible.
- *Legacy students are considered children or grandchildren of alumni of Drexel University, Drexel University College of Medicine, and of the predecessor institutions of the College of Medicine and College of Nursing and Health Professions: Hahnemann Medical College/University, Woman’s Medical College, Medical College of Pennsylvania, Allegheny University, and MCP Hahnemann University. Legacy Scholarship applicants will need to list the name, class year and major of your parent/grandparent to be verified by the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Past Alumni Legacy Scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply for the Alumni Legacy Scholarship in subsequent years, though they are not prohibited from applying for the other Alumni Endowed Scholarships.
- Scholarship funds are directly applied to your tuition bill for the following fall term (September 2019) and recipients must be registered for a full-time schedule at that time. Funds are applied to the following term for students on fall co-op. All scholarship awards are subject to the regulations of the Office of Financial Aid.
The application deadline for 2019 has passed. The call for applications will open in Winter 2020.