Dragon Network is Drexel University’s online professional community for alumni and students. This one-stop shop facilitates career-focused conversations, provides meaningful opportunities to give back and unites Dragons from around the world — one connection at a time.
What does Dragon Network have to offer?
- Build your Drexel network and reconnect with former classmates
- Mentor current students or find your own mentor
- Discover alumni groups based on shared interests and affinities
- Explore job opportunities
- Browse helpful resources and upcoming programs
How can you make a difference using Dragon Network?
“Alumni surprise me with how much they want to share their stories and truly want to help. Every person I have spoken to on Dragon Network tries their best to help, from reviewing my résumé to giving me insight on how to get hired at my dream company.” - Nabiha Chowdhury ’19
“I wish Dragon Network was around back when I was in school because it really helps expand your professional network very early on in your career. I would definitely encourage other alumni and current students to participate.” - Chris Martin ’17
“As a senior, I am getting ready for graduation and many events that we used to have in person aren’t happening. Dragon Network came in perfectly timed to help facilitate the networking and professional development opportunities that we need very much.” - Vara Anoosha Vijjapu ’21
“Dragon Network makes it so easy to connect with others. The templates and tips in the platform set you up for success. Often in person or even on LinkedIn you have no idea how to start the conversation. Dragon Network resolves all of those issues.” - Afrah Howlader ’21
Browse the platform to learn more about features, career services, mentoring, networking, and more! Stay tuned for archived professional development webinars.
JOIN A GROUP:
Explore more than a dozen groups based on different interests, regions, and affinities. This is your chance to connect with student and alumni members, participate in relevant discussions and access exclusive resources.
DRAGON NETWORK GROUPS INCLUDE:
Affinity/Shared Interest Groups
- Drexel Athletics
- Drexel University Black Alumni Council (DUBAC)
- ¡Hola! Drexel
- Seniors and Recent Alumni
- Arts, Media and Design
- Dragon Business Community
- Education, Nonprofit and Human Services
- Government, Law and International Affairs
- Health Professions, Medicine and Life Sciences
- Public Health Community
- STEM Community
- The Entrepreneurship Network
- Dragon Community Abroad
- Midwestern U.S. Dragons
- Northeastern U.S. Dragons
- Southeastern U.S. Dragons
- Southwestern U.S. Dragons
- West Coast Dragons
Dragon Network, made possible by the support of Drexel Alumni, LeBow College of Business and the Dornsife School of Public Health, is open to all Drexel alumni and students.
Who can join Dragon Network?
As a new community, we are focused on ensuring a high-quality experience for alumni and students with the goal of facilitating one-on-one conversations that will help you reach your career goals. Faculty and professional staff are also invited to join Dragon Network to offer support and participate in the community, as well.
How can I get the most out of Dragon Network?
- Network with fellow Dragons: Select the “Network” tab and search for members of the Drexel community that share your interests and experiences. You will be able to communicate via e-mail or video chat.
- Join a group: Check out groups based on region, shared identity, interest or professional affinity.
- Start a discussion: Have a question about your career path? Moving to a new city? Want to share favorite Drexel memories? Use the discussion tab to start or participate in a conversation!
- Access resources: Explore topical articles and tools in the “Resources” section.
- Search for job opportunities: Dragon Network will include a feed from Handshake, the job search tool offered by the Steinbright Career Development Center. Learn more about creating your account in Handshake, so you can apply for jobs directly.
- Invite your classmates: Use the e-mail tool or referral link to encourage fellow alumni and classmates to join Dragon Network.
How does mentorship in Dragon Network work?
Alumni and students are encouraged to connect and facilitate one-time or continued conversations that inspire and support their career development.
Use the search filters to identify community members that share your interest, send messages, or schedule video chats right through the platform. If you aren't sure how what to say, Dragon Network will provide you with a suggested template to help you get started!
Can I control how often I am willing to be contacted through Dragon Network?
Yes, you can choose who is able to view your profile, whether you wish to be contacted for networking and how many messages or meeting requests you would like to receive each month. To update these settings, click your profile picture in the top right corner when you are logged into Dragon Network. Scroll down, and click “My Preferences”
How do I update my contact information?
When you log into Dragon Network, click on “Profile” in the top right corner of the screen. Scroll down to “Additional Information” to make your edits and save.
What is expected of me when I join?
Show your Drexel pride and be an active participant in the community! Connect with alumni and be sure to respond in a timely manner. Share your expertise and introduce new connections to others in your network. Make sure to complete your profile and visit regularly to find new connections and start conversations with those who share your interests.