Who can join Dragon Network?
As a new community, we are focused on ensuring a high-quality experience for alumni and students with the goal of facilitating one-on-one conversations that will help you reach your career goals. Faculty and professional staff are also invited to join Dragon Network to offer support and participate in the community, as well.
How can I get the most out of Dragon Network?
- Network with fellow Dragons: Select the “Network” tab and search for members of the Drexel community that share your interests and experiences. You will be able to communicate via e-mail or video chat.
- Join a group: Check out groups based on region, shared identity, interest or professional affinity.
- Start a discussion: Have a question about your career path? Moving to a new city? Want to share favorite Drexel memories? Use the discussion tab to start or participate in a conversation!
- Access resources: Explore topical articles and tools in the “Resources” section.
- Search for job opportunities: Dragon Network will include a feed from Handshake, the job search tool offered by the Steinbright Career Development Center. Learn more about creating your account in Handshake, so you can apply for jobs directly.
- Invite your classmates: Use the e-mail tool or referral link to encourage fellow alumni and classmates to join Dragon Network.
How does mentorship in Dragon Network work?
Alumni and students are encouraged to connect and facilitate one-time or continued conversations that inspire and support their career development.
Use the search filters to identify community members that share your interest, send messages, or schedule video chats right through the platform. If you aren't sure how what to say, Dragon Network will provide you with a suggested template to help you get started!
Can I control how often I am willing to be contacted through Dragon Network?
Yes, you can choose who is able to view your profile, whether you wish to be contacted for networking and how many messages or meeting requests you would like to receive each month. To update these settings, click your profile picture in the top right corner when you are logged into Dragon Network. Scroll down, and click “My Preferences”
How do I update my contact information?
When you log into Dragon Network, click on “Profile” in the top right corner of the screen. Scroll down to “Additional Information” to make your edits and save.
What is expected of me when I join?
Show your Drexel pride and be an active participant in the community! Connect with alumni and be sure to respond in a timely manner. Share your expertise and introduce new connections to others in your network. Make sure to complete your profile and visit regularly to find new connections and start conversations with those who share your interests.