Co-op Employers Needed!
As the co-op program at Drexel University continues to grow, the need to develop quality co-op opportunities for our students increases. This is especially the case in chemical, mechanical, and biomedical engineering, chemistry, biology, and finance. This academic year, greater than 5,000 undergraduate students in more than 75 majors will participate in co-op.
Alumni are keenly aware that co-op promotes student learning in the areas of problem solving, personal and social responsibility, civic knowledge and engagement, intercultural awareness, and most importantly, practical application of academic concepts in real-world, professional settings. Like many Drexel graduates, co-op experiences have a lasting impact on our students' education and careers.
Our alumni network, including alumni referrals and recommendations, are our greatest asset when it comes to continuously creating quality co-op opportunities for our students. We value your insight and connections tremendously and would love to hear from you!
If you are interested in becoming a co-op employer or want to reconnect to learn more, please email the Steinbright Career Development Center's Employer Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Drexel Co-op, a renowned experiential program, is one of the largest and most respected co-op programs in the world. Co-op students alternate periods of full-time professional employment with periods of classroom study, while employers gain valuable contributions from energetic young professionals.
Why Hire a Drexel Co-op Student?
- Hiring a co-op student provides employers the opportunity to train and mold new workforce talent.
- Co-op students are forward-thinking, valued employees who bring fresh perspectives and suggestions to the workplace.
- Co-op cycles operate 12 months of the year, allowing employers to fill positions year-round.
- Hiring a co-op student is a cost-effective hiring solution and helps to keep recruiting costs down.
- Being involved in the educational process and helping Drexel students is a truly gratifying experience.
Co-op Fast Facts
- Co-op is a six-month employment opportunity during which students engage in real work in the field which they are studying.
- It is one of the world's oldest and largest co-op/work integrated learning programs.
- More than 1,500 employers across the U.S. and in 65 foreign countries partner with the Steinbright Career Development Center for co-op.
- Each year, greater than 5,000 undergraduates are placed in co-op work experiences.
- The Steinbright Career Development Center provides stipends for international student co-op experiences.
- More than 90-percent of Drexel undergraduates are enrolled in a co-op program, enabling students to graduate with up to 18 months of experience.
- Students gain on-the-job skills and knowledge during their co-op cycles so when they are hired full-time, they often begin at a higher level of responsibility and productivity than inexperienced graduates.
Drexel students have co-op experiences around the world. Visit the maps below to see just where the Co-op Program has taken them!
Drexel's Corporate Partners Program provides vital financial support.