The Nominations Committee of the Board of Governors accepts nominations for members annually. All alumni are invited to participate in the process through an open call for nominations. The number of available elected director positions changes from year to year, depending on current directors' term limits. The board is committed to increasing its elected director profile to better match the demographics of our alumni. We have a strong interest in adding new members from our underrepresented constituencies.
Members of the Board of Governors are elected based upon their demonstrated leadership and service to their chosen profession, Drexel University, and the community. The Board of Governors is actively seeking a representative group of qualified nominees who meet this criteria and who are eager and willing to commit their time and share their wisdom in representing the alumni constituency. The Board of Governors is especially interested in expanding the diversity of its members to represent alumni from the 1980s and 1990s as well as graduates from Westphal College and the College of Nursing and Health Professions. We are looking to increase representation from all schools, colleges and affinity groups as well as geographical and culturally diverse members.
Board members are expected to accept a leadership and participatory role by working closely with the Office of Alumni Relations to further its mission and its strategic initiatives. Board participation requires a time commitment at quarterly meetings of the full Board, quarterly committee meetings, and a presence at campus and alumni events. Elected directors may serve up to two consecutive three-year terms.
A Letter of Interest is required to be submitted with each nomination. The guidelines are outlined below:
- Explain why you are interested in serving on the Board of Governors.
- Explain how you have been involved with university and/or alumni activities since graduating. Elaborate on any leadership or volunteer roles that you have held.
- Explain what you know about the Board of Governors and how you feel the organization brings value to alumni.
- Discuss the particular skills and talents you feel you would bring to the Board of Governors.
- Explain your current affiliations within the Drexel community, and elaborate on any networks of Drexel alumni with whom you have regular contact.
- Discuss any current community organization service or leadership activities in which you are routinely involved.
Nominees are required to be alumni of Drexel University or its affiliates and must submit a Nomination Form along with a Letter of Interest. Nomination forms will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
Click here to submit your nomination form.
For more information on Board nominations, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 1.888.DU.GRADS or firstname.lastname@example.org.